In a time when family, traditions, and comfort food have never been more important, we invite you to share your family legacy by submitting a cherished Italian recipe for an opportunity to be selected to be in our cookbook.
Be a part of Stark County Italian-American history and honor your heritage now and for years to come.
Use these tips to ensure recipes are accurate and clear.
1. List ingredients in the order used. Make sure all ingredients are included in the directions.
2. Include all amounts and container sizes: 2 (8-oz.) cans, 1 (14-oz.) pkg. Use parenthesis to separate amounts.
3. Abbreviate measurements in the ingredients list (see standard abbreviations list) but spell them out in the directions. Please use the following abbreviations:
pt. = pint
qt. = quart
env. = envelope
c. = cup
tsp. = teaspoon
T. = tablespoon
oz. = ounce
lb. = pound
gal. = gallon
doz. = dozen
sm. = small
med. = medium
lg. = large
4. Be consistent with names, ingredients, etc., e.g., don’t use “1 c. butter” in one part of the recipe and “2 sticks butter” in another part of the recipe.
5. Use ingredient names in the directions, e.g., use “Combine flour and sugar” rather than statements such as “Combine the first two ingredients.”
6. Include temperatures and all cooking, chilling, baking, or freezing times.
7. Make sure ingredients and directions are clear, thorough, and accurate. For example, don’t assume the reader knows how to make yeast bread.
8. Submit recipes exactly as you want them to appear.
9. Write directions in 1 paragraph. Do not submit recipes in steps, columns, charts, or as multiple paragraphs. Recipes which cannot conform to our format will be omitted.
10. Ingredients may include trademarked names, e.g., Miracle Whip. Do NOT use trademarked words for recipe titles. If used, they will be replaced with an acceptable alternative, e.g., Kentucky Derby® Pie will become Chocolate Nut Pie.
Stark County Italian-American Festival
Weis Park 2600 Harvard Avenue Northwest, Canton, Ohio 44709, United States
Copyright © 2021 Stark County Italian-American Festival - All Rights Reserved.